Thursday, September 10, 2009
1. Janet's not in school today. She __________ have overslept.
2. Grandpa moved the piano by himself. He's okay, but he __________ have injured his back.
3. My parents haven't arrived at the party yet. They don't know this city very well. They ____________ have gotten lost.
4. I'm tired today. I definitely __________ have stayed up so late last night.
5. How did Linda catch a cold? I'm not sure. She __________ have gone out in the rain.
6. Mother didn't answer the phone. She ____________ been sleeping.
7. I think I ate too much at dinner. I definitely __________ skipped dessert.
8. It's too bad you didn't practice for the marathon. You _________ won.
9. Jennifer had a lot of homework. She ____________ gone to the party last night.
10. Jack ______________ in a car accident yesterday. He was home all day.
11. Nancy did very well on her history test. She ______________ studied hard.
12. We couldn't hear our teacher all day. He __________________ spoken louder.
13. Bill slept too late but he got to work on time. He's lucky. He _______________ missed the bus.
14. It was a good movie. You _______________ seen it.
15.I'm not sure. I _________ left my keys at home.
16. Be careful. That floor is wet. You _________ slipped.
17. The ground is very wet this morning. It ___________ rained last night.
18. The ground is very dry this morning. It ___________ rained last night.
19. You ________________ thrown out that painting. It might be worth something.
20. They ________________ enjoyed the party if more of their friends had been there.
21. The boss is in a terrible mood today. He ___________ had a very good cup of coffee.
22. Andrew hurt his hand while he was fixing his sink. He _____________ been more careful.
23. We _______________ gone to Hawaii for vacation if we had known it was going to rain the whole time.
24. Andrea is late for work. There ____________ been a lot of traffic on the Bay Bridge.
25. I _______________ answered the phone yesterday because I wasn't home.
26. Did Marvin's cat pass away? He _____________ felt really sad.
27. Why did my son become a low paying circus clown when he _____________ become a wealthy lawyer??
28. If we had known about the lecture, we ____________ attended it.
29. I called the Stevensons, but no one answered. They ____________ gone to the country.
30. Those cool musicians play beautifully together. They ________ practiced a lot.
at 9:05 PM